Many of the most desired products available today contain anti-aging compounds, and companies know it. It seems like every day a new company releases a new product, with new promises, and no evidence.
The price we pay to look younger
American women spend more than $14.99 a day, $455.99 a month, and $364,427.99 in a lifetime on cosmetics. Companies continually claim to have a “new formula”, charging $911.99 for a few mL of an untested chemical. Consumers are all to familiar with buying products that don't work.
Maybe the next “new thing” is an ancient “old thing”. Maybe one of the most potent healers and anti-aging formulas known to man is an herb that other cultures have used for centuries.
The wisdom of ancient tradition
"This plant is mentioned in the ancient texts of Ayurveda as an 'elixir of life' (life saving) herb and worshipped for over 3,000 years due to its healing properties."
Holy Basil (also known as “Tulsi”) is regarded as, “The Queen of Herbs”. It is commonly used in Ayurveda and is deeply ingrained in Hindu tradition where it is worshipped as the “elixir of life”. The Egyptians considered it sacred and believed it opened the gates to heaven. What is so special about this herb?
There is more to Holy Basil than folklore and tradition. It is a fantastically complex plant that science is finally starting to make sense of, a plant forgotten by western society until recently.
The new science on the matter
“Holy basil’s oil has antioxidant properties that help reduce the damaging effects of stress and aging on the body. Studies have shown that it protects healthy cells from the toxicity of radiation and chemotherapy.”
Science is currently unravelling the genome of Holy Basil to unlock all its secrets, but here is what is known so far:
- Holy Basil is a potent “adaptogen”, which balances the body and mind by adapting to stress hormones.
- Holy Basil is full of cell protecting antioxidants which cleanse the body of “free radicals”, one of the largest contributing factors of aging.
- Holy Basil has antidepressant and anti-anxiety effects comparable to Diazepam and antidepressants. Stress and anxiety are perhaps the largest contributing factors to premature aging.
- Rats who received Holy Basil extract and leaf powder saw a 24 percent decrease in blood sugar after a month of ingestion. Insulin and blood glucose levels are another important factor of longevity.
- Holy Basil is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic, meaning it fights against things that cause unnecessary stress on the body. The less inflammation a body has, the less it will age.
Effective Holy Basil uses
It’s easy to get caught up and carried away in everything that is claimed about Holy Basil, but the evidence is staggering. Old wisdom and new science definitely agree: Holy Basil is truly the “Queen of Herbs”.
It doesn’t need gimmicks, tricks, or sly marketing. It's real, simple, effective, and natural. Holy Basil is a must-have for anyone who is interested in longevity and preserving their youthfulness.
Holy Basil can be used topically or ingested, as both are effective in different ways. The offerings for Holy Basil as a supplement are vast and easy to find, but there are very few ultra-pure and high-end options when it comes to facial and skin products.
Skinny & Co. Calming Lavender Almond Body Melt is specially formulated with Holy Basil to minimize fine lines and wrinkles; comprised of a patented pH balanced NutraLock™ Coconut Oil with therapeutic-grade essential oils it is one the purest combinations available on the market today.
Try Skinny & Co. Calming Lavender Almond Body Melt and add Holy Basil to your anti-aging regimen. Ancient tradition and cutting-edge science merge into one brilliant formula, that your skin will absolutely love.