Lemon water. You may order it at restaurants on occasion, but did you know that the simple combination of water and natural lemon juice can revitalize your body and mind? Ten reasons to drink this simple, yummy drink.
1. Supports your immune system- A glass of water with the juice of half a lemon is packed with vitamin C, which can boost your immune system and help your body absorb iron. This important nutrient will promote a healthy immune system.
2. Aids digestion- Because lemon juice has a similar atomic structure to your stomach’s digestive juices, it can help flush out waste and stimulate the release of gastric juices. The digestive qualities of lemon juice can also relieve symptoms like bloating, heartburn and indigestion.
3. Repairs skin- Like Skinny Coconut oil, adding lemon juice to your daily diet can help combat skin aging. The antioxidant features, along with vitamin C, create collagen synthesis, which helps keep wrinkles at bay.
4. Curbs appetite- Again, much like Skinny Coconut Oil, lemon juice can curb your appetite in a healthy, natural way. Thanks to pectin, a soluble fiber found in citrus fruits, you will feel fuller longer and are less likely to snack.
5. Balances pH levels- Lemons are a high-alkaline food, which helps balance the body. A balanced pH level leads to healthier, more elastic skin, better sleep, increased mental acuity, and more energy.
6. Cleanses urinary tract- Because lemon juice is a diuretic, it encourages the production of urine. This results in a release of toxins, a purified system, and helps balance the pH level of your urinary tract.
7. Freshens breath- Lemon juice can help kill off bad bacteria in the mouth by acting as a disinfectant. However, if you are concerned about the acid damaging your tooth enamel, rinse your mouth with water after drinking the juice. In fact, you would have to drink a lot of lemon water to actually cause damage, but a water rinse will help!
8. Protects overall health- Thanks to the high levels potassium found in lemon water, this combination can actually help brain and nerve functioning, as well as maintain blood pressure.
9. Promotes healing- The vitamin C found in lemons can promote wound healing in the body and help maintain healthy bones, tissue, and cartilage. It can also calm inflammation in the body.
10. Detoxifies the liver- As you drink lemon water, it purifies and stimulates the liver by encouraging the production of bile. The simple addition of lemon water can make big impacts on your overall health.
Next time you reach for a beverage, make it lemon water instead of a harmful soda! If you feel like you will need to replace that energy boost, try a tablespoon of Skinny Coconut Oil!